Main Office: (860) 274-7338 Or click here for local numbers
For over 3 decades American Rooter has been chasing the Drain Villains, knocking out all clogged drains. In that time we've experienced it all. Our Drain Experts have seen everything from 40' underground root clogs to flooded basement nightmares; and our crews have cleared them all! Below are some of the many services we proudly provide to our valued customers.
Where is that odor coming from?
The Drain Experts find the source and your solution.
The cause of sewage smells in a home or building can be embarrassing and frustrating. Many times the cause isn't easy to pinpoint on your own. The Drain Experts at American Rooter can identify the odor at its source and determine the solution with our Smoke & Odor Testing Services. (guaranteed in almost all cases)
Common Odor Causes:
- In most cases a pipe has been discon- nected, broken, or abandoned
- A vent may have been accidentally terminated within a building
- Poorly placed exterior vents may cause fumes to enter a building
- A rarely used floor drain, sink, or toilet trap has dried up
How we do it:
- American Rooter will start with a visual inspection of the plumbing in the area where the smell occurs.
- If the problem is not obvious our Drain Experts will pressurize the system and blow smoke through it checking where the smoke escapes the plumbing.
Stop putting it off, contact American Rooter today!
Our Drain Experts have identified and solved odor prob- lems in homes and buildings that had smells for 10 years or more. Get rid of the smell and embarrass- ment today!
Odor Detection and Smoke Testing
CT Odor Detection and Smoke Testing Company
American Rooter uses smoke testing equipment and camera inspection tools to detect the causes of sewage smells inside a home or building.
Sewer smells in a house or building can be embarrassing, annoying, unhealthy, and in some cases dangerous. Since sewer smells can smell like gas or propane, you should always call the fire department first. Fire departments are equipped with gas sniffers to detect dangerous levels of explosive natural gas, propane and lethal methane.
Nausea, headaches, and dizziness are common with long exposures to sewer gases. A high level of methane, a common odorless gas in accompanied sewers, is lethal and causes many deaths each year so don't delay if you smell sewage gas.
Detecting the sources of sulfur, smelly sewage gas is often a tricky task. In most cases the sulfur like smell comes and goes intermittently. Many times the smell disappears before a Service Company or professionals like American Rooter arrive. It is often impossible to witness or recreate the smell.
To find the source, American Rooter has to close off the drain system and pressure test it with smoke testing tools. When the smoke appears in an area of the building, it's usually close to the sewer smell source.
A sewer smell is often reported strongest in certain area of a house or building like a cellar, closet, ceiling or room. Since it only smells once in a while, many customers ignore these gas smells for years before they call a professional to diagnose it.
Don't wait to call American Rooter, The Drain ExpertsTM to fix the sewer smell inside or outside a house or building, even if other plumbers or contractors have failed to find the problem. Countless times, American Rooter has determined the gas smell issue where other plumbers have not.
If there is a sewer smell that is coming from a drain, American Rooter will always find it. By testing the drain system we have found these drain issues that can cause a sewer smell.
- Dried up traps for sinks, showers, tubs, or floor drains not used often.
- Cut pipe in a walls • Open clean out caps covered by flooring
- Cracked pipes or broken pipes in walls
- Cracked or broken plumbing in floor
- Vent pipes too close to fresh air supplies
- Buried man holes
- Clogged sewer pipes
- Failed studor vents
- Abandoned drain pipes in a ceiling or floor
- Clogged plumbing vent from bees
- Clogged breather pipe from animals
- Septic needs pumping